About the network
CCCq was established in 2011 as a recommendation of the 2009 Sexual Orientation Position Paper and the Equality Scheme 2011-15 and meets each month as a supportive, open and friendly group for staff to meet each other, discuss issues affecting LGBTIQ staff and friends and plan awareness raising events. As a Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) Network, the group is a support network relating to both sexual orientation and gender identity. In 2012 one of the founding members worked closely with the Equality and Diversity Unit to produce a Gender Identity Policy Statement, highlighting the University’s commitment to the further improvement of facilities and support for Transgender and Intersex staff and students.
Terms of Reference:
The network will meet once per month to:
1) Seek to represent the whole diversity and variety of sex, sexualities and gender of all CCCU Staff.
2) Monitor University policies in respect of their recognition of and regard for the full range of sexualities and genders represented by staff members, evaluate their impact, and provide recommendations to the Equality and Diversity Delivery Group. These recommendations should highlight how future polices and provision can better reflect those differences and respond to them in a positive and affirming way.
3) Work as a social network for the members of the group.
4) Where possible promote better relations, understanding, dialogue and education about all sexualities and genders, including organising events to assist with this.
5) Operate within the remit of the University’s mission, aims, values, and financial regulations when carrying out its activities which may include the receipt and disbursement of grants, income and gifts in support of the group objectives.
Sponsor: Moira Mitchell
Co-chairs: Katja Hallenberg & John Gilmore
Treasurer: Annie Hayford
Secretary: Sam McFarlane